I’ve been a wedding photographer since 2014 & have heard some great questions from couples. Here are a few that I think are helpful to ask your wedding photographer:
- When can I expect to receive my photos? Will I get a few preview photos shortly after the wedding?
- Get the details on your photography package - what does it include & not include? What are some common ‘extras’ that clients typically end up purchasing?
- How many photos can I expect to receive (approximately)? I typically include a range in my contract based on the number of hours of photography - this ensures everyone is on the same page from the start
- What rights & limitations do I have with the photos? Will I receive unwatermarked high-res photos that I can print? Some photographers will include these in their rate while others will charge extra for them - make sure you discuss this in advance & have it included in your contract
- What kind of back up plans do you have? For example, what happens if your photographer gets sick & can’t make it? Or ends up with a flat tire & is running late to ceremony?
- Will the photos I receive be processed/retouched/edited to the same standard that’s on your website? Photographers will naturally be very selective with the photos on their site so its important to also ask to see a full gallery from a recent wedding. If you’re ordering an album, ask to see samples of those as well. This will give you an idea of what to expect
This is by no means an exhaustive list but should give you a few thought starters for your conversation! For more info, check out my recent blog post with tips on choosing a wedding photographer.
Have something to add? Share your tips & advice in the comments!